toonsmith is a brand new web application. it lives at https://toonsmith.zs4.co and can be viewed there. It is designed to be used by singer/songwriters, music teachers and students. it allows users to interact with song on a very basic fashion. Check out Micah O’Connel’s “Wanderer” on tunesmith….
toonsmith is about to enter the alpha stage (ready to be tried out by a selected group of alpha-testers)
- Import lyrics or ABC notated pieces to start a project
- Add musical information to your lyrics: Bars, beats, chords and melody.
- Play back songs in any key, any speed, any beat/measure, and other parameters.
- Enter melody notes via keyboard or fret board diagrams.
- Mix/mute and change song parameters during playback.
- Publish to secure https URL’s (similar to YouTube URL’s).
- chord and melody diagrams for piano various string instruments (guitar, mando, bass etc.) with variable tunings and kapo positions.
how to participate (get access):
- create an account on this website by logging in with your favourite social network id (google, facebook, wordpress etc.)
- Send a personal message to Andy Flinn, requesting access to toonsmith. If you’re approved, you can then login with the email address that is associated with your account on AndyFlinn.ca.
- when you first log into toonsmith, you may not know a password. After a few failed attempts, toonsmith will offer to send you an access token by email. Use that token for your first successful login.